What are the unique advantages of flexographic printing compared to other printing processes?
(1) Online production. Flexographic printing presses can be produced online, especially after finishing. Such as light, hot stamping (including cold ironing), indentation, die cutting and other processes. After online production, it saves investment, saves space, reduces handling and operating staff, and saves energy. According to rough statistics, flexo printing can save 30% energy and money compared to offset printing.
(2) Environmental printing. Water-based inks and UV inks for flexographic printing are free of heavy metals and harmful health solvents, so packaging foods with flexographic prints does not endanger human health.
(3) The printing press has a simple structure. The structure of the flexo printing machine is simpler than that of the offset printing machine. There is no water supply mechanism, and the number of ink rollers is greatly reduced. Only the anilox roller and the rubber transfer roller are used. The anilox roller functions as an ink transfer, a uniform ink, and a quantitative ink supply, and the operation is very simple.
(4) Has strong flexibility. It has a greater advantage in dealing with short-running activities and can meet the fast requirements of customers for printing. For example, the gravure printing time is about seven days, and although the offset printing time is very short, for some printing, the entire printing cycle is still much longer than the flexo printing. For example, in the printing of corrugated boxes, if offset printing is used, it is necessary to print the pattern on the paper first and then onto the carton. Obviously, it is not as fast as printing a pattern directly on a carton.
(5) Support for environmental protection policies. In order to protect the health of the people, governments in various countries have stipulated in law that packaging printed matter must meet environmental protection targets. The Chinese government has also published standards and organized random inspections. For example, food boxes and meal papers that have been designated for use in KFC and McDonald's companies in China since 2004 must be printed with flexographic water-based inks. Therefore, the environmental protection policy has brought good opportunities to the flexo market.
For more details and postpress equipment, please check our Label printing machine, flexo printing machine, label die cutting machine, label slitting machine etc.
ADDRESS:Qianbu Industrial Zone, Xincheng Street, Ruian City, Wenzhou, China
Please fill in your mailbox information