(1) Printing speed is fast. Generally, the printing speed of flexographic printing can reach above 100 m/min, while the printing speed of rotary embossing machines is generally 30-50 m/mim. In other words, the efficiency of a flexo press is almost equal to the efficiency of two or even three rotary letterpresses. More importantly, the current flexographic printing press is equipped with a large number of post-press processing devices, which can achieve rapid indentation, bronzing, die-cutting, etc., and complete one-stop processing.
(2) More uniform on spot colors. Label printing often uses spot colors, especially on large areas. The rotary embossing machine prints on a large area, which is prone to uneven ink layer and even whitening. However, the flexographic label product can hardly see such a phenomenon. This is also determined by the way the flexographic printing press uses an anilox roller to transfer ink.
(3) Flexo label products are more vivid and more saturated. Rotating embossed label products are generally less popular than flexo labels in terms of color and saturation. This is because the composition of the two inks is different. The label that needs to be glazed by the rotary embossing machine is switched to the flexo printing method, and the customer's request can often be achieved without glazing. For example, daily-use products often use transparent labels. Transparent labels produced by rotary embossing machines are dull even when varnished, but printing on flexographic printing presses can be very bright and saturated.
(4) The flexographic printing press makes it easier to achieve the need for combined printing. Nowadays, many beautiful labels, especially the daily product labels, often use combination printing, usually combining several printing processes. Relative to rotary embossing, the unit-type narrow-width flexo machine can easily achieve this requirement, which can be "flexo + silk screen", or "flexo + lithography", or "flexo + gravure", or even Flexo printing is the main combination of more than three printing processes. This is also a direction for the printing requirements of high-end label products.
(5) The relative embossing method is more environmentally friendly. Whether it is UV ink or water-based ink, it is quite environmentally friendly and meets the US FDA's hygiene requirements. Nowadays, many multinational companies that produce pharmaceuticals and foods require flexo printing instead of embossing to produce their product packaging. At the same time, food and medicine have become the main source of customers for flexo printing.
For more details and postpress equipment, please check our Label printing machine, flexo printing machine, label die cutting machine, label slitting machine etc.
ADDRESS:Qianbu Industrial Zone, Xincheng Street, Ruian City, Wenzhou, China
Please fill in your mailbox information